Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Annie's Birthday Party... take one

Annie turned one on June 28, 2008. Knowing that we would be moving shortly after her birthday, we decided to have two parties-- one in Shreveport, and one in New Jersey. We went with a red, light blue, and navy color scheme and a nautical feel.

I designed the invitations and had them printed by vistaprint:


For decorations in Louisiana, I made a flag bunting with annie's name on it and scattered a few GIANT red and white balloons throughout our living room. I also covered a set of party hats in the same fabric I used for the bunting.




We used red, white, and blue partyware:


For party favors, we gave away Koozies matching the invitations:


I made Annie a white cake with cream cheese frosting. The middle layer was filled with strawberries and blueberries, and I used berries to decorate the top as well. I am no baker, and to be honest, this cake was a minor disaster. The layers fell apart, and I needed to use about two cups of icing to spackle it all together!



No comments: