Friday, October 17, 2008

Finally!

I sent out Matilda's quilt to be quilted by Jessica Brunemer on a long-arm machine. Jessica did an amazing job, and I received the quilt back in the middle of August. Then, it sat, and sat, and sat, just waiting for me to bind and label it. Finally, I tackled the binding. For the first time, I handsewed the binding to the back of the quilt. It makes such a difference. This binding looks better than any I have done before. I think it is well worth the time, energy, and pricked fingers! Here are some pictures of the finished product: Quilting by Jessica Brunnemer Hand stitched binding

3 comments:

jacquie said...

oh my goodness...this is beautiful, simply beautiful. the quilting is extraordinary.

Kristen said...

Thank you so much!

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

wow!That looks great!Jessica did a great job as did you with the top... I love your fabric choices and color placement!