Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration!

Today I had the pleasure of joining 2 million other people to watch the inauguration. My heart swelled with pride as I watched Barrack Obama be sworn in. I have never felt more proud to be an American, more certain that something great is on the horizon, and more thrilled to be celebrating with millions. We watched from up high, on the rooftop of my lawfirm. Unlike many others, our day went quite smoothly. We had no delays, no trouble on the metro, and did not shiver out in the cold. It was perfect. here are some pictures: Inauguration Mosaic 1. Mom and I in front of the capital, 2. The Capitol, 3. The reflecting pool..., 4. Obama cupcake

3 comments:

Kelley said...

I would have liked to see it in person, but I am good with watching him on TV. I agree, I am swelling with pride!

Katie Jean said...

I was there too and it was amazing! I was on the mall though, nice and cold. Fun nonetheless!

jacquie said...

i'm so jealous...you were there....i'm tasting the obama cupcake and breathing deeply the feeling of change!!