Thursday, April 24, 2008

I had been thinking a lot about the quilt that I would like to make for the new baby, when I stumbled upon Patapri's lovely textiles. Luckily for me, Patapri was releasing a very limited run of prints on fabrics. I snatched up this bundle of nine different prints, and Yuko kindly included some additional animal prints for me to use in the quilt.

I have not yet settled on a design for the quilt. I am struggling to figure out the best way to integrate the fabrics without it seeming busy or cutesy. Right now, my plan is to use a lot of white, along with the teal, orange, plum, and chartreuse from the prints.

I may do a Denyse Schmidt inspired drunken log cabin on a white ground, and use the patterns as the center of the squares. Another possibility would be to do a modern handkerchief corners, like Rebekah's lovely version, pictures here. This flock of triangles is nice too, but I'm not sure that it would do the prints justice. Or maybe a stacked coins quilt? Or last, but not least, a weewonderfuls inspired coin quilt?

So many choices. . .

No comments: