Wednesday, April 30, 2008

In love . . .

Today, I came across two new fabric lines, both of which are incredibly unique and inspiring.

The first is mendocino, by Heather Ross. In the past, I have often found Heather's lines a little too cutsey. She designed the goldfish fabrics, as well as the recent rabbits and racecars. Mendocino, in contrast, is both sophisticated and whimsical all at the same time. I love the subject of the sea, and the incorporation of the mermaids. I think there is definitely a mendocino quilt in my future.

Here is my favorite of the fabrics:


The second line is drawing room, by anna maria horner. Anna maria is insanely talented, and always manages to put together these genius color combinations that make my head spin. The collection is pretty abstract and appears to be a heavier weight fabric, suitable for upholstery. I wish I was bold enough to cover my living room in these fabrics!

Here are my favorite three:

No comments: