Monday, February 23, 2009
My quest for fabric has reached new low. I am stooping to selling off my yarn stash to fund purchases of fabric! In honor of this debauchery, I am going to be giving away a set of luscious Liberty print fat quarters and two skeins of Malabrigo. The Winner's choice. First, the Goods... 1. For Sale- 5 Vintage Knitting Books, 2. For Sale- Vintage Metal Knitting Needles, 3. For Sale- 3 balls cashmere luxury aran, 4. For Sale- 6 Balls Cashmere Luxury Aran, 5. For Sale- 4 balls cashmere luxury chunky, 6. For Sale- 16 balls Debbie Bliss alpaca silk, 7. Swatch of Chunky Blue Yarn, 8. For Sale- Over 1000 yards of Chunky Blue wool yarn, 9. 3 Balls Koigu KPPPM, 10. For Sale- Cherry Tree Hill Merino lace, 11. For Sale- 10 balls Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed, 12. For Sale- 10 balls Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed, 13. For Sale- 4 balls Rowan Linen Drape, 14. For Sale- Recycled Cream Wool Blend, 15. For Sale- 6 balls Takhi Baby, 16. For Sale- Over 1000 yards of handyed worsted yard Here's whats for sale: - 5 vintage knitting books, most using chunky or heavy worsted yarns. Very cool designs, especially that capelet! $12 (including shipping) - SOLD
Over 40 pairs of vintage metal knitting needles in a large variety of sizes from teeny to large! Gorgeous colors and in great shape. Looks great in a vase! ($25 (including shipping)
- 3 balls of soft cashmere blend yarn in a lovely wine color. $12 (including shipping)
- SOLD Supersoft Cashmere blend yarn in a bright, springy green. Aran weight. $22 (including shipping)
- Luxurious chunky cashmere blend yarn in a beautiful bluish purple. $15 (including shipping)
- 16 balls of Debbie Bliss alpaca silk in a stunning wine color. Incredibly soft. $100 $85 (including shipping) (retail over $165!)
- SOLD Over 1000 yards of a chunky/heavy worsted blue yarn. This was purchased at the famous School Products in NYC. It has a high twist to it, and a very springy quality to the yarn. The color is a greyish slate blue. I have wound three skeins, and one center pull ball. The rest of the yarn is on the cone still. If you've never knitted off a cone, you're missing out! $40 (including shipping)
- 3 coordinating balls of Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino Wool. Full skeins, handrolled into balls. I've done all the work for you! $22 (including shipping)
-Cherry Tree Hill laceweigh merino, in a brown/purple/green colorway. Very lovely, I think it may be the peacock colorway, but I can't be sure. $24 including shipping (retails for $40)
-10 balls of Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed, Red with flecks of blue, grey, and yellow. All ball bands intact, I just took these out of the bag for the picture. Soft, almost felted yarn. $40 (including shipping)
-4 balls Rowan linen drape. 2 balls cream, 2 balls sage green. The cream balls have lost their bands, but are unused. $18 including shipping (retails for $8/ball)
-3 very large skeins of recycled cream wool blend yarn. Chunky weight, very soft hand. Probably a wool/nylon/angora blend, but I don't know the exact content. $25 including shipping
-SOLD 6 balls Takhi Baby, 4 have already been wound into center pull balls. Pale lavendar/pink. $45 including shipping. (retails for $15/ball)
-Over 1000 yards of very pretty handdyed worsted wool, wound into six large skeins. Purple, green, and blue color scheme. No two skeins are exactly alike. Purchased from an artisan dyer at a sheep & wool festival. $40 (including shipping)
For more info & bigger pics check out the flickr set: http://flickr.com/photos/kirbylou/sets/72157614238557925/
E-mail me to purchase: email@example.com
Now, drumroll please.....THE GIVEAWAY!!!!
I will be giving away 3 Liberty Print fat quarters as well as two skeins Malabrigo:
To enter, either:
(1) Post a comment below, gets you one entry! Pick your poison... tell me whether you would like the yarn or the fabric.
(2) Link to this page on your blog, twitter, ravelry, wherever! Let me know where you've linked to in the comments and I will give you five entries.
(3) e-mail your knitting friends! cc me and get five more entries.
Enter a comment or link before Friday. I will pick a winner this weekend, and post the winner on Monday.
Fabric here I come!!!