Thursday, February 12, 2009

Swap of sorts...

I am planning on making a set of scrappy baby quilts for the shower of a good friend of mine, who is having twins! (gah, two babies??) I've sorted through my scraps, and I have come to the conclusion that I simply do not have enough variety for my vision, especially not for two scrappy quilts. I haven't decided exactly what I will be doing, but I am looking for scraps that are at least 3 inches by 3 inches. Do you have any you can spare? What?? You have a whole bunch? I love you! If you do have some scraps you are willing to part with, I will, in return, send you a pair of fat quarters from my stash. Something lovely, I promise. Let me know if you are interested in the comments, or via email. xoxox Kristen

13 comments:

John said...

I'd be happy to send you a selection of little squares. Any color / theme preferences? I already have your address from SC2 ...

John said...

PS. As a father of twins, I feel compelled to help out! And yes, "gah" is the perfect sentiment to describe the experience. : )

Doris said...

Kristen, ditto to what John said. I've got all kinds. let me know what you are looking for!

Cara said...

I don't have all kinds - so just send me the address and I'll send you what I have. Whatever you can't use you can at least get out of my way. Do tell me if you're sticking with quilters cotton, though.

Kate North said...

I have lots - any preferences to colour or theme?

beanie g said...

Kristen, I've got TONS of scraps and would love to get rid, er, I mean give you some. Especially since I'm getting ready to sort the basket-ful of them.

ilovebabyquilts said...

I have three gallon ice cream buckets full of lucious scraps. I would love to swap for FQs! Let me know if you want designer only, colors, scale, etc.

My email is on my blog profile. Hope to hear from you soon!
Wendy

Katie Jean said...

Oh my, I still have to get you a package of fabric and boy do I ever have scraps!! Let me know what you need and I'd be happy to send you some your way!

jacquie said...

i've been on a scrap reduction binge lately and i'm pretty low...arrg! it sure would have been easier to send them to you!

craftytammie said...

I love fabric, and have quite a collection. Let me know what you are looking for, girl or boy, prints, novelty, etc..

lej619 said...

I'd also will be glad to send you scraps. I have a lot of them and i still collect them when I go on retreats. lol

Maggie said...

If you don't have too many already, I would love to send some scraps. I am trying to destash too and reorganize. What kind of fabrics are you looking for? Do you want them cut or as is?

ilovebabyquilts said...

Hello Kristen,
Hey, I think my email isn't getting to you, it may be going to spam again. Just wondering what day you sent the FQs in return for the scraps I sent? Haven't seen them. Thanks!
Wendy